I mentioned earlier in a post that I share my son’s dabba pictures on Instagram every week. Today, I shared quite a few recipes and videos on Instagram, so thought of making a blog post too. I don’t share detailed recipe with measurements as of now.. But try my best to explain in a simple way. Please feel free to ask any questions if you have. Sharing pictures of this week dabbas and recipes below. 5 days, 5 dabbas 😄
1. Chocolate strawberry pancake, caramelized banana topped with grated soaked almonds
2. Sautéed mushroom, caramelized banana rolled in roasted peanuts powder
3. Peanut cutlet, orange
4. Sautéed spinach corn with grated paneer, orange
5. Roasted murmure, papaya
For Peanut tikki:
Lots of coarsely grinded roasted peanuts
Salt to taste
Mash the potatoes and add all the ingredients to it. Mix nicely, shapes them and fry in ghee or oil.
* I have not deep fried the cutlets. Just used little ghee to shallow fry in a tawa.
* I added lots of finely chopped green chillies to our portion.
For Chocolate pancake:
1/2 cup wholewheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup water or milk (I used half water, half milk)
1 tbsp of melted butter or ghee
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp sugar (increase as per taste)
A few drops of vanilla essence (optional)
Mix everything together and make pancakes. Make small size pancakes like I have made as big ones might break while flipping or use appe pan.
I topped the pancakes with chopped strawberries while cooking them as Rahyl was asking for strawberry pancakes.
Check out this video to see how I caramelize banana.